Drinking Water Systems
SoftAcid IV+ and SoftAcid V work very well in drinking water systems for both poultry and pigs. These acidifiers offer a strong pH effect with less corrosion problems than pure acids, and also give a high antimicrobial effect.
SoftAcid is also the only product available on the market to combine acidification and biofilm reduction. SoftAcid reacts strongly with the biofilm and causes it to detach from the pipes. The biofilm is always present in drinking water systems, often pathogenic. In certain cases, the biofilm can also use organic acids as nutrients, which makes the acids useless. Removing the biofilm generally improves zootechnical performance.
- SoftAcid V for hard water and strong bacterial contamination
- SoftAcid IV+ when yeast problems can occur
- Strong pH effect compared to buffered acids
- High antibacterial effect
- Less corrosive than other acids
- Low smell - no drop in water consumption
- Effective on biofilm
- Easy and safe to use